- You can easily change your WhatsApp background and choose from preloaded wallpapers, colors, or your own photos.
- The process for changing a WhatsApp background is very similar on iPhone and Android.
- This story is a part of Business Insider’s Guide to WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is more customizable than your standard instant messenger, making it easy not only to customize your public profile but also to change settings in your app.
One way to customize WhatsApp is by changing the background of your chats. You can choose from pre-loaded pictures, solid colors, or your own photos.
Here’s how to customize your WhatsApp background.
How to change your WhatsApp background
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android device.
2. In WhatsApp, find and tap on “Settings.”
- On an iPhone, it’s in the far right of the bottom menu bar.
- On an Android, click the three vertical dots in the top-right corner, and then tap “Settings.”
Tap the Settings icon.
3. Tap on “Chats.”
4. Tap “Chat Wallpaper” on iPhone, or “Wallpaper” on Android.
5. Select an option:
- Tapping on “Wallpaper Library” will open a screen of preloaded wallpapers.
- Tapping on “Solid Colors” opens up a selection of color options.
- Tapping on “Photos” on iPhone or “Gallery” on Android allows you to load a wallpaper from your photo library.
6. Once you’ve chosen a new wallpaper, you’ll be directed to a “Wallpaper Preview” screen. If you chose a photo, this is where you can adjust it to your liking.